Saturday, March 22, 2014

Artwork by Stephen Gammell

Artwork by Stephen Gammell
From the Scary Story Series

I use to keep my distance from these books in grade school.  The artwork was all too creepy.  I'd pass by the book every now and then, sometimes picking up a copy to flip through momentarily, and put it down, creeped out by the artwork.  Throughout my middle and high school years I'd forget all about the books til' meeting a few artists in life who made me think back on those Scary Story drawings.  I forgot all about the book's title and author and had a hard time finding it.  A good friend sent the link that has a few of the pictures from the stories archived.  One of my favorite ones revisiting the images is the one up above.  They look like chess pieces.  Creepy chess pieces.

Ended up ordering a copy of the book for old time's sake.

-BB.Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment